Response submission period has closed. Please contact us if you think this is a mistake.
Need help? +1 225-678-6107
Bulk Lime Bid - (Opelousas) LACPC Bulk Lime #01-23
1. Please register by starting a response (click the "Start a Response" button on your right).
2. Review all instructions and specifications.
3. Download and complete the Bid Form.
4. Upload your Bid Form using the "Drag & Drop Files Here" function.
City of Opelousas (LACPC Commission City)
Legal Notice of Advertisement for Bids:
- Notice is hereby given that electronically submitted sealed bids will be received by the LACPC, 6767 Perkins Rd., Baton Rouge, LA 70808 up to the hour of 2:00 o’clock p.m. on Monday, January 16, 2023, for furnishing of the following, to wit:
BID — BULK LIME #01-23
Electronic bids will be accepted only by the LACPC on the LaMATS e-Auction Services (EASiBUY) bid platform, https://lamats.eauctionservices.com. Bidders must register at this website address to access the full specifications and to place their bids electronically.
- ELECTRONIC BIDS WILL BE UNSEALED AND the results posted starting at 2:00 pm at the LaMATS office, 6767 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA, and the results will be posted at https://lamats.eauctionservices.com thereafter.
- THE CITY OF OPELOUSAS and the LACPC reserve the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any infomalities or irregularities in bids received.
Questions regarding the City of Opelousas Bulk Lime uses and quantities needed may contact Lesia Anderson, email@example.com.
Questions regarding the use of the bid platform may be directed to Paul Holmes, Electronic Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR FOOD GRADE HYDRATED BULK LIME
This proposal is for furnishing food grade hydrated bulk lime to the City of Opelousas Water Treatment Plant. Delivery shall be approximately 18 to 25 tons every 15 days. The contract period shall be for twelve (12) months from the date of the contract award and the price shall remain firm for the period of the contract.
Delivery must be made within four (4) working days from the date of order. Deliveries shall be made to the Water Treatment Plant at 554 Guidry Street between the hours of 7AM and 4PM Monday through Friday. Only fresh lime will be acceptable. The transport truck shall have been used for lime transport only. It is the supplier's responsibility to check each shipment and determine if any traces of toxic material or any bacteriologically impure material is present in the transport. Failure to do this shall be grounds for rejection by the City of Opelousas.
All tare, gross and net weights shall be shown on each delivery ticket and invoice. The hydrated lime shall meet the following specific requirements:
• FREE MOISTURE (H20) CONTENT shall not exceed one percent (1%).
• AVAILABLE CALCIUM OXIDE (Ca0) CONTENT shall not be less than seventy-two percent IRON (Fe) CONTENT shall not exceed one percent (1%).
• NINETY-SIX PERCENT (96%) of the lime shall pass through 325 mesh.
• INSOLUBLES shall not exceed one percent (1%). Lime shall meet specifications of AWWA-B202-77 or latest revisions and ASTM-C 53, or latest edition thereof. Typical analysis of the lime shall accompany the bid. The bid price must be firm price for these specifications. If price is not bid firm, then price must be accompanied by provision for fixed escalation or de-escalation in accordance with United States Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index and/or Wholesale Price Index; and/or where particularly applicable to subject matter bid, any recognized escalation index affecting said subject matter; all as more fully authorized in R.S.38:2211(A)(2).
The LACPC is the LaMATS Administered Cooperative Purchasing Joint Commission comprised of 22 Louisiana Municipalities. An LACPC administrative fee of 1%, not to exceed $1000, is applicable to all sales under this contract and is paid by the awarded vendor. Sales reports and payments are sent to: LaMATS, as administrator of the LACPC, 6767 Perkins Rd., Baton Rouge, LA 70808.