Response submission period has closed. Please contact us if you think this is a mistake.
Need help? +1 225-678-6107
THIS IS THE PORTAL TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL FOR:
Ville Platte Drainage Canal Clearing & Maintenance
1. Please register by starting a Response.
2. After registering, please download all Attachments under the ATTACHMENTS Bar.
3. Prepare your Proposal on the Proposal Form provided.
4. Upload your proposal and all required documents by using the "Recipients Will Drag & Drop Files Here" function.
5. For assistance with this portal, please contact the Electronic Administrator, Paul Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org
ADVERTISEMENT (Subject to Changes or Addendums)
The City of Ville Platte will accept proposals from qualified contractors to perform clearing, debris removal and maintenance on its concrete and natural drainage canal system. Interested contractors must be able to survey the subject areas no later than December 22, 2022, and then submit a proposal describing the scope of work to be undertaken, a timeline to completion and price.
Proposals are due by 9:00 am on Friday, December 30, 2022.
4:00 pm, Tuesday, December 22, 2022. Proposals may be mailed or may be hand delivered to City Hall, 126 East Main Street, Ville Platte, LA 70586, in a sealed envelope and marked with reference to Ville Platte RFP for Drainage Canal Maintenance with the contractor’s name and State Contractor’s License Number included on the envelope. All required documents and RFP specifications can be accessed and downloaded online at https://lamats.eauctionservices.comafter registering.
Proposals may also be submitted electronically through this web address by following all online instructions. Questions regarding this RFP or for appointments to access drainage areas, should be directed to Mayor Jennifer Vidrine, 126 East Main Street, Ville Platte, LA 70586, (337)363-2939. The City of Ville Platte specifically reserves the right to reject any or all proposals.
Ville Platte Drainage Canals Clearing and Maintenance
The City of Ville Platte has been awarded a limited ARPA funding, some of which will be used to address immediate clearing and maintenance needs of its cemented and non-cemented drainage canals located within its drainage jurisdiction. A proposer will visit and survey the city's designated canals, and then submit a scope of work proposal for each canal addressed. The intended work is to clear each canal of wood and debris, accumulated soils and sediments and to cut/remove vegetative growth, grasses and saplings within, and on the canal right-of ways where necessary for access, as follows:
- Canal Identification and Location
- Itemization of Required Work
- Timeframe to Completion of Work
- Price of Work (and rate of possible incidental work, not to exceed 10% of price)
Proposal Deadline -- December 22, 2022, at 4:00 pm.
- Unless prearranged, all proposals shall be submitted electronically through this website https://lamats.eauctionservices.com.
- All requirements, specifications and forms are available after registering at https://lamats.eauctionservices.com and accessing the attachments.
- The RFP Opening will be electronic. All proposals will be transmitted to Ville Platte City Hall upon opening to be reviewed and read aloud if necessary.
- For proposers who do not possess the capability to submit proposals online, reasonable accommodation will be made. Contact: Mayor Jennifer Vidrine, (337)363-2939.
- Reading -- Only the names of the proposers and the base pricing will be read aloud at the city's bid opening. Bid reports and bid tabulations will be emailed to registered proposers.
Choosing a Contractor -- This RFP is not a lowest-bid-wins solicitation. A contractor will be chosen based on the following criteria:
A state contractor's license number issued through the Louisiana State Contractors Licensing Board is required.
- Evaluation Criteria 100 points for the following:
- Price Evaluation -- 25%
- Ability to complete the job within defined timelines -- 25%
- References -- 25%
- Amount of work that can be completed within budget -- 25%
- Recognized Minority or Women-Owned Enterprises -- (up to 5%)
Budget -- The budget of this project will not exceed $250,000.00.
Electronic Services/RFP Fees
- The LACPC (Cooperative Purchasing Joint Commission) is assisting the City of Ville Platte with its RFP.
- An electronic services/RFP fee of $400.00 payable to "LaMATS as Administrator of the LACPC" and will be paid by the winning proposer, by check upon signing of a contract. This fee must be calculated into your proposal without itemization. The LACPC address is 6767 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
Attachments to this RFP include:
1. Legal Advertisement (Review)
2. Printable version of this RFP (Download/Review)
3. State & Federal Required Contract Language (Review)
4. Proposal/Pricing Form (Returnable)
5. Sample Contract (Review)
6. Non-Collusion, Anti-Discrimination and Other State-Required Affidavits (Return)
Bid Security/Performance Bond/ Insurance
- Bid security in the amount of 5% of the project price will be necessary within 5 business days following electronic submission in the form of a cashier's check or security bond made payable to the City of Ville Platte.
- The selected contractor shall provide proof that it carries an adequate amount of General Liability and Auto Liability Insurance to protect itself and the city.
- The selected contractor shall be required to utilize labor only from American Citizens or from persons with a prescreened work permits as may be required by State or Federal law.
- The selected contractor shall be considered the prime contractor for any labor or subcontractors working under the contractor's direction and shall hold the city harmless and shall indemnify the village for all claims in workers compensation.
Technical Questions related to this RFP and submitting bids electronically should be addressed to Paul Holmes, LACPC Electronic Administration, email@example.com or by calling (225) 678-6107
Proposers Needing More Information -- for information related to the project or for site visits, contact the Mayor, Jennifer Vidrine, (337)363-2939, Ville Platte City Hall.
MINORITY & WOMEN OWNED ENTERPRISES ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS AS PRIME CONTRACTORS OR TO SEEK INFORMATION TO BECOME A SUBCONTRACTOR THROUGH A PRIME CONTRACTOR
CHANGES OR ADDENDUMS
--To this RFP will be added below--
Addendum #1 -- The date to survey the drainage canals has been extended until December 22, 2022.
Addendum #2 -- The deadline to submit proposals has been extended until December 30, 2022, at 9:00 am.