Response submission period has closed. Please contact us if you think this is a mistake.
Need help? +1 225-678-6107
Gretna Water Treatment Plant Maintenance and Rehabilitation Project
1. After Registering, Review the Summary, Specifications & Requirements & the Other Sections Below
2. Download All of the Attachments below. No charge applies to access the documents.
3. Follow All Directions and Complete All Tasks
City of Gretna Maintenance/Rehabilitation of Water Treatment Plant Filter System
The City of Gretna intends to enter into a labor and materials contract with a responsible and responsive licensed contractor who can deliver the required services to the City of Gretna's Water Treatment Plant within a reasonable time frame. Terms and Conditions apply.
Proposals will be accepted until Wednesday, November 10, 2:00 pm,
November 3, 2021, 2:00 pm for Water Treatment Plant Filter Maintenance and Rehabilitation comprised of the following (summary only):
- Removing Filter Media from Filter Chambers (10 Total)
- Clean and Back Wash Filter Blocks
- Provide and Install New Filter Media
Proposals will be accepted by electronic means only. Bidders must register with LaMATS e-Auction & Bid Services at https://lamats.eauctionservices.com to access the full specifications and to submit bids. Submission of bids is only through this website. No bid may be withdrawn for at least 45 days after close of bidding. For questions regarding the electronic bidding process please contact Paul Holmes, Contracts Administrator, at LACPC@lamats.net. The LACPC reserves the right to reject all bids and to waive informalities. The pricing established herein is specifically for the City of Gretna, Louisiana. The City of Gretna reserve the right to reject any and all bids.
Specification & Requirements (Summary Only)
Project Scope of Work:
· 10 Total Filters
· Rehabilitate 4) 17’ x 12’ Filters and 6) 15’ x 11’ Filters *ONE FILTER AT A TIME.
· Remove Filter media from filter chamber
· Inspect underdrain system and clean holes in Leopold filter blocks
· Back wash blocks and check for uniformity
· Install new filter media with the following gradation:
4” of 1-1/2” x 3/4” filter media
3” of 3/4” x 1/2” filter media
3” of 1/2” x 1/4” filter media
3” of 1/4” x 1/8” filter media
3” of 1/8” x 16” mesh
4.5” of #50 mesh garnet
9” of .35 mm filter sand U.C.1.6
(1” of additional sand will be placed in filter for skimming after backwash)
12” of 1.00-1.10 anthracite U.C.1.7
· Contractor to furnish all filter media.
· All filter media to meet AWWA #B100-89 specification or current AWWA standards.
· Owner to supply operator for backwashing operations.
· Owner will provide location to dispose of used filter media.
· Any repairs to the under-drain system will be done on a time & materials basis, as directed.
Document Access Fee
- Ron Johnson, City of Gretna Public Utilities Director, Phone:504-363-1540 email@example.com
- Betsy Morgan, City of Gretna Finance Dept., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Holmes (Electronic Administrator), LaMATS e-Auction Services (EASiBUY) email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for any contractor who is unable to pay an access fee online or who does not have access to internet. Please contact Paul Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addendums and Interpretation
- The right to issue addendum's to this solicitation at any time is reserved. If an addendum is issued within three (3) business days of the proposal submission date, then the proposal deadline may be extended if judged prejudicial to a registered proposer.
- No interpretation of the meaning of the specifications or documents will be made orally to any Proposer. Every request for such interpretation regarding the solicitation must be in writing and emailed to Ron Johnson, City of Gretna Public Utilities Director, email@example.com To be given consideration, such requests must be received sufficiently prior to the date fixed submission of proposals and/or bidding to permit distribution of response to all proposers.
- All technical questions regarding registration, submittal of bids and use of the electronic bid platform may be directed to Paul Holmes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of Lowest Responsible and Responsive Bidder
Selection of the contractor to perform the desired work and services is solely the responsibility of the City of Gretna.